So much has been said about the gluten-free diet in the past months. Apart from being popular among children with special needs and individuals with allergies, gluten-free is also known to be a wonder ally in losing weight. But losing the unwanted pounds doesn’t always have to feel like eating prison food. Here, we got two of the best gluten free coffee cake recipe for you to enjoy:
1. Gluten Free Cinnamon Coffee CakeWhy only settle for your favorite coffee when you can add the fragrant and energizing scent of cinnamon to it. Cinnamon helps stimulate weight loss by regulating excess levels of fat build up. It must be remembered that maintaining a healthy level of blood sugar is important in losing weight. With the added cinnamon, insulin quantities can be controlled.
- 350g (2 ½ cups) gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1tsp Xanthan gum (omit if flour already contains it)
- 1tsp baking powder
- ½tsp baking soda
- ½tsp cinnamon (ground)
- 1/2tsp kosher salt
- 200g (1cup) granulated sugar
- 112g (8tbsp) unsalted butter
- 2 eggs (beaten
- 2tsp pure vanilla extract
- 300g (or 1 1/3 cups) sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 2oz (1/4 cup) milk at room temperature
For the topping:
- 35g (1/4 cup) gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 2tsp cinnamon (ground)
- 1/4tsp kosher salt
- 109g (1/2cup) light brown sugar
- 72g (6tbsp) shortening, melted
- 1tsp pure vanilla extract
1. Grease a 9-inch square or round baking pan while your oven is being preheated to 350-deg F.
2. Cake batter.
- a. Place flour, baking powder, xanthan gum, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and sugar in a large glass bowl. Whisked completely to combine well. Create a crevice at the center of the dry stuff and add the beaten eggs, butter, vanilla, milk and sour cream. Mix thoroughly.
- b. Place thick batter in to the baking pan and level it out with a wet spatula. Set aside.
- a. Place the flour, salt and cinnamon in a medium-sized glass bowl. Combine well then, add brown sugar and whisk again until no lumps show. Add vanilla and melted shortening. Combine carefully until it becomes thick and soft.
- b. Place on top of the batter and spread evenly using a large spoon or offset spatula.
- c. Do make sure to leave an ¼-inch space from the edge to prevent the topping from dripping over the edges during baking.
4. Place the cake strategically at the center of the pre-heated oven.
5. Bake at approximately 45mins or when the toothpick inserted at the center comes out clean. Do take note that the toppings usually still feel slightly soft or wet at the center. The cake underneath must be well cooked but not burnt.
6. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for at least 30mins.
7. Slice and serve.
Now for a more convenient gluten free coffee cake recipe straight from Betty Crocker..
2. Betty Crocker Gluten-Free Fruit Swirl Coffee CakeIt’s the season once again where fruits abound in the market. This fruit-filled gluten-free coffee cake is ripe for the reaping. The great thing about this recipe is that you can pick your preferred fruit pie filling such as apple, cherry, peach, apricot, blueberry, or even lemon curd. This is definitely, a healthy and flavorful option for someone trying to lose weight!
- 4 eggs
- ¾ cup milk
- ½ cup melted butted
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3cups (1box) Bisquick gluten-free mix
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 21oz (1can) fruit pie filling of your choice
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2tbsp milk
- Grease 2 9-inch square or circle pans with cooking spray or shortening while the oven pre-heats to 375-deg F.
- Stir all cake batter ingredients into a large glass bowl until fully blended.
- Spread approximately 1/3 cake batter into each pan. Divide the remaining 1/3 batter into 2.
- Spread evenly the fruit pie filling and place the remaining batter equally using a tablespoon on top of the fruit pie filling.
- Bake for approximately 25 minutes until golden brown.
- While waiting mix glaze ingredients in a small bowl until smooth.
- Drizzle glaze unto a still-warm gluten-free coffee cake and serve.
Going gluten-free is one effective way to promote healthy weight loss. This is even more so when complimented with a well-balanced diet of fruits, vegetables and whole grains. Just make sure to check the label and verify from reliable sites when making gluten free coffee cake recipe. Some products pretend to be gluten-free when, in fact, they’re not. So, buy recipes from trusted retailers to guarantee safety.