Mocha iced coffee is one of the most favorite for coffee lovers. The challenge however, in crafting the best iced mocha coffee lies on the preparations. When you want to preserve the very flavor, aroma and texture of coffee, careful preparation is the key that will generate the best-tasting sensation. As a rule of thumb in iced coffee recipes: brew hot, cool instantly.
So with the dogged days of summer becoming more heated as we speak, here are two of the best iced mocha coffee recipes to satisfy everyone’s sartorial tastebuds.
1. Classic Mocha Iced Coffee Recipe
Here’s a classic take on your java that can easily make your mind go bonkers because of its awesome sensation as it touches your tongue. This pick-me-up ice cold coffee take is definitely worth the effort. Feel free to cut on the whipped cream to lay low on calories.
- 16oz cup or mason jar
- ¼ cup freshly brewed coffee or 2 shots of fresh espresso
- 1 ½ tbsp sweetened cocoa powder
- milk (whole milk is the best but if you are watching your weight, go for skim or low fat ones)
- ice cubes or crushed ice (whichever you prefer)
- Do the usual coffee brewing steps when you want to use freshly brewed coffee or let your espresso machine do it for you. The key is to keep your base coffee fresh and hot for that textured aromatic taste.
- While waiting for the coffee, prepare your glass or mason jar by putting cocoa powder into it.
- Now pour over the espresso shots or brewed coffee slowly and stir completely.
- Fill it with ice up to ¾ of the cup to keep the flavor in.
- Fill the rest of the cup with milk. Stir well.
- Add whipped cream. Lather with chocolate liquid—and enjoy!
If you want a tastier approach..
2. Fruitilicious Iced Mocha Coffee Recipe
Do you have fruit syrup stocked in your pantry? The kind which you usually place on your kid’s smoothies? From raspberries to mango, strawberry, melon, and what-have-you, simply choose what your unique taste feels like going into to enjoy a mocha iced coffee recipe that’s not only energizing but rejuvenating, too.
- 1 heaping tablespoon white choco powder (if you want it dark, go for the usual cocoa powder—sweetened or unsweetened)
- 1 oz fruity syrup (Torani or Da Vinci makes great option)
- 2 shots of fresh espresso or ¼ cup of freshly brewed coffee
- 1 cup whole milk (who cares about calories, anyway!)
- ice cubes (or crushed ice, whichever you prefer)
- 2 tablespoons whipped cream (optional)
- Do the usual coffee brewing or espresso prepping that you love.
- While doing so, prepare your 16 to 20-ounce glass, cup or mason jar by putting white chocolate (or cocoa powder) and mango syrup.
- Pour the freshly brewed coffee or espresso shots into the cup and stir well until all powder is dissolved.
- Now, add the ice cubes or crushed ice.
- Pour in the milk and half of the whipped cream. Stir carefully.
- Fill the rest of the cup with whipped cream. Smoother it with a little fruity liquid sensation to add more tang.
There are many ways to make a great cup of flavored coffee. If you are on a tight leash due to your weight, choose low-fat or skim milk and sugar-free cocoa or white chocolate powder. Go gentle on the whipped cream, too. The best way to mocha iced coffee recipe is in the quick blend of freshly made base coffee and the ice cubes wrapping all that flavor down the moment it touches your cup. With this awesome java drink variety, you can finally say hello to every summer mornings with glee!